PRODUCTS - EDF GAS DEUTSCHLAND
In view of the increasingly important role of natural gas for the future energy supply and the presumed market demand for storage solutions, gas storages will continue to play an important role in the European energy market. EDF Gas Deutschland GmbH has therefore decided to operate own gas storage facilities in Germany. Since July 2012 it operates a gas-cavern storage facility in Etzel, markets storage capacities and renders the related storage services. For this purpose, EDF Gas Deutschland GmbH i.a. holds a participation in Friedeburger Speicherbetriebsgesellschaft mbH "Crystal", which holds and technically operates the above-ground facilities and related installations which are required for storage operation. As regards the storage itself, EDF Gas Deutschland GmbH can resort to two underground caverns that are operated in pool with other two caverns of a partner. Those are artificially created cavities in underground salt stocks. They are created by means of boring and debrining.
COMPLETION OF THE ALLOCATION PROCESS FOR EGD STORAGE SERVICES
EDF Gas Deutschland GmbH (EGD) informs that the whole gas storage capacity have been allocated from July 1st 2016, 6 a.m. until April 1st 2036, 6 a.m.. EGD decided therefore to close the allocation process as of 16th of June, 2016.
EGD commits to inform potential interested storage customers in case any possible gas storage capacity might become available in the future.
Further information about the procedure for booking storage capacity, about how a storage contract comes into existence as well as further information about our Storage Products and Fees, details of our Storage Facility and other special services can be found hereafter on EGD's website www.edf-gas-deutschland.de.
The final version of the storage access conditions – the General Terms and Conditions for Storage Services (GTCSS) – of February 2016 are now published in the download-area of this Website.
The documents applicable for products of the storage period starting from July 1st, 2016 and ending not later than April 1st, 2041 are:
- Final General Terms and Conditions for Storage Services (GTCSS)
- Final Annexes I, II, III to the General Terms and Conditions for Storage Services (GTCSS)
- Final Storage contract
- Final Binding Storage Service Request
Please note that following the conclusion in 2016 of two further storage connection agreements and the consequent creation of new take over points and return points, respectively named Etzel and UGS Etzel Crystal, Annex I to the GTCSS has been accordingly amended in order to include the relevant TSOs as further Network Operators in the GTCSS.
In relation to the allocation process, please note the following:
· The submission of a duly filled out and completed Binding Storage Service Request constitutes a binding offer to conclude a storage contract with EDF Gas Deutschland GmbH on the basis of its General Terms and Conditions for Storage Services (GTCSS) for the requested Storage Product(s) at the Fees published in Annex III to the GTCSS.
· Storage Products can only be requested for a minimum storage period of one month starting from July 1st, 2016, 6 a.m. and for a maximum storage period ending not later than April 1st, 2041, 6 a.m.
· The General Terms and Conditions for Storage Services (GTCSS) form the contractual basis for the use of our storage capacities and storage services and are an integral part of any storage contract concluded with EDF Gas Deutschland GmbH. The GTCSS as well as the sample storage contract are available for download in German and English language below on this page.
· The storage services are offered without transport services to/from the Storage Facility's injection-/withdrawal points which are: i) Oude Statenzijl (ETZEL-CRYSTAL-H) (NL) within the gas transport network operated by Gasunie Transport Services B.V. (GTS), ii) Etzel (Speicher Crystal), Bitzenlander Weg 10 (Germany) within the gas transport network operated by Open Grid Europe (OGE), iii) ETZEL CRYSTAL within the gas transport network operated by Open Grid Europe (OGE) and iv) UGS ETZEL CRYSTAL within the gas transport network operated by Gasunie Deutschland (GUD).
When deciding about Binding Storage Service Requests, EDF Gas Deutschland GmbH applies the allocation mechanism "first committed first served" and – where Binding Storage Requests are received by EDF Gas Deutschland GmbH at the same time – gives preference to those Binding Storage Service Requests which ensure a full and consistent utilization of the Available Storage Services as further specified in § 2 (7) of the GTCSS.
Information about BEATE regulation
Effective as of January 1, 2016 the provisions of Bundesnetzagentur (Federal Network Agency) issued in March 2015 under file-no. BK9-14/608 „Festlegung von Vorgaben zur Umrechnung von Jahresleistungspreisen in Leistungspreise für unterjährige Kapazitätsrechte sowie von Vorgaben zur sachgerechten Ermittlung der Netzentgelte nach § 15 Abs. 2 bis 7 GasNEV", known as „BEATE" apply to the calculation of transmission fees in Germany. In particular, the fees for transmission capacities at storage facilities connected to only one market area, will be subject to a 50% discount. Whereas with respect to those storage facilities which are connected to more than one market area or to the market area of a neighboring country, the discount must only be granted if the SSO demonstrates the compliance with certain requirements vis-à-vis the TSO.
Since the Crystal storage facility is connected to three market areas (GASPOOL, NCG and TTF), EGD as SSO shall demonstrate the compliance with the BEATE provisions to the TSO(s). This is a precondition for TSOs to offer discounted transmission fees to storage customers for a „single-market area usage".
Should the Storage Customer be interested in the implementation of the provisions of BEATE for the Storage Capacities contracted with EGD, EGD will propose to the Storage Customers to enter into a supplement agreement to the Storage Contract in order to implement the requirements connected with the conclusion of a BEATE agreement between EGD and the relevant TSO.
EDF Gas Deutschland GmbH
Attn: Olivier Deterne
Buschkämpe 4, 26446 Friedeburg
Fax: +49 (0)4465-1888
* The usage of the Take Over and Return Points Etzel (Speicher Crystal) Bitzenlander Weg 10, ETZEL CRYSTAL and UGS ETZEL CRYSTAL can only take place on an interruptible basis.
Overview of relevant regulations:
- Directive 2009/73/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council concerning common rules for the internal market in natural gas and repealing Directive 2003/55/EC - 13 July 2009
- Regulation (EC) No 715/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council on conditions for access to the natural gas transmission networks and repealing Regulations (EC) No 1775/2005 – 13 July 2009
- Section 28 of the German Energy Act (Energiewirtschaftsgesetz) – 7. Juli 2005 as applicable and modified by the Act for the Changes to the EnWG of July 28, 2011.
- Guidelines for Good TPA Practice for Storage System Operators (GGPSSO) of 2 March 2005 as published in July 2011
EDF Gas Deutschland GmbH offers storage products as from July 1st, 2016, 6 a.m. until April 1st, 2041, 6 a.m. Bundled and unbundled as well as firm and interruptible products are available.
(*) Potential Storage Customers who have made Binding Storage Service Requests are advised that the sum of Product "1" and Product "2" shall not exceed the Total firm characteristics
(**) Potential Storage Customers who have made Binding Storage Service Requests for firm storage capacities and wish to book interruptible storage capacities shall have priority over potential Storage Customers who make Binding Storage Service Requests for interruptible storage capacities only.
Documents applicable for products of the storage period starting from July 1st, 2016 until April 1st, 2041
Final General Terms and Conditions for Storage Services (GTCSS)
Final Annexes to the General Terms and Conditions for Storage Services (GTCSS) - Amendment 2018
Final Storage contract
Final Binding Storage Service Request