PRODUCTS - EDF GAS DEUTSCHLAND
EGD offers storage bundle units (SBU) , each SBU consists of a combination of working gas volume with injection and withdrawal capacities.
These storage bundles can only be booked on a firm basis.
The storage capacities (working gas volume, injection and withdrawal capacities) can also be booked separately. These unbundled storage capacities enable storage customers to increase the flexibility of storage services.
Unbundled storage capacities may be also booked as interruptible capacity at a reduced price.
|Total firm characteristics|
Storage bundled firm, (SBU)
unbundled Storage Capacity, firm, (SBU)
|Product "3", unbundled Storage bundled interruptible, (SBU)|
Working Gas Volume
|2,019 GWh||20.19 GWh||up to 2,019 GWh||251 GWh|
|Injection Capacity (Max)||2.25 GWh||22.50 MWh/h||up to 2.25 GWh||337.5 MWh/h|
|Withdrawal Capacity (Max)||3.9375 GWh||39.375 MWh/h||up to 3.9375 GWh||337.5 MWh/h|
(*) Potential Storage Customers who have made Binding Storage Service Requests are advised that the sum of Product "1" and Product "2" shall not exceed the Total firm characteristics
(**) Potential Storage Customers who have made Binding Storage Service Requests for firm storage capacities and wish to book interruptible storage capacities shall have priority over potential Storage Customers who make Binding Storage Service Requests for interruptible storage capacities only.
The storage services are offered without transport services to/from the Storage Facility's injection-/withdrawal points which are: i) Oude Statenzijl (ETZEL-CRYSTAL-H) (NL) within the gas transport network operated by Gasunie Transport Services B.V. (GTS), ii) Etzel (Speicher Crystal), Bitzenlander Weg 10 (Germany) within the gas transport network operated by Open Grid Europe (OGE), iii) UGS ETZEL CRYSTAL within the gas transport network operated by Open Grid Europe (OGE):
|Take Over Points/Return Points||Network Operator||Market Area|
|OUDE STATENZIJ (ETZEL - CRYSTAL -H)||Gasunie Transport Services B.V (GTS)||TTF (Netherlands)|
|ETZEL (SPEICHER CRYSTAL), BITZENLANDER WEG 10*||Open Grid Europe GmbH ("OGE")||Trading Hub Europe (Germany)|
|UGS ETZEL CRYSTAL*||Open Grid Europe GmbH ("OGE")||Trading Hub Europe (Germany)|
* The usage of the Take Over and Return Points Etzel (Speicher Crystal) Bitzenlander Weg 10, ETZEL CRYSTAL and UGS ETZEL CRYSTAL can only take place on an interruptible basis.
ALLOCATION PROCESS FOR EGD STORAGE SERVICES
Information about the procedure for booking storage capacity, about how a storage contract comes into existence as well as further information about our Storage Products and Fees, details of our Storage Facility and other special services can be found hereafter in the download area.
- General Terms and Conditions for Storage Services (GTCSS)
- Annexes I, II, III to the General Terms and Conditions for Storage Services (GTCSS)
- Storage contract
- Binding Storage Service Request
- Notices for Storage Years
In relation to the allocation process, please note the following:
- The submission of a duly filled out and completed Binding Storage Service Request constitutes a binding offer to conclude a storage contract with EDF Gas Deutschland GmbH on the basis of its General Terms and Conditions for Storage Services (GTCSS) for the requested Storage Product(s) at the Fees published in Annex III to the GTCSS and updated in the notices for the relevant Storage Year.
- The General Terms and Conditions for Storage Services (GTCSS) form the contractual basis for the use of our storage capacities and storage services and are an integral part of any storage contract concluded with EDF Gas Deutschland GmbH.
When deciding about Binding Storage Service Requests, EDF Gas Deutschland GmbH applies the allocation mechanism "first committed first served" and, in case Binding Storage Requests are received by EDF Gas Deutschland GmbH at the same time, gives preference to those Binding Storage Service Requests which ensure a full and consistent utilization of the Available Storage Services as further specified in § 2 (7) of the GTCSS.
ALLOCATED CAPACITY - Bulletin Board
The allocation process for the storage period starting from July 1st 2016, 6 a.m. and ending not later than April 1st 2041, 6 a.m for commercial storage operations of EDF Gas Deutschland GmbH at the Etzel cavern site was advertised on May 31st 2016 and has started on June 15th 2016. The allocation mechanism "first committed, first served" has been applied.
Please note that the whole gas storage capacities offered by EDF Gas Deutschland have been allocated from July 1st 2016, 6 a.m. until April 1st 2036, 6 a.m. EGD decided therefore to close the allocation process as of 16th of June, 2016.
EGD commits to inform potential interested storage customers in case any possible gas storage capacity might become available in the future.
|Product "1", Storage bundled firm, (SBU)||Product "1", Available||Product "2", unbundled Storage Capacity, firm, (SBU)||Product "2", Available||Product "3", unbundled Storage bundled interruptible, (SBU)||Product "3", Available|
|Working Gas Volume||20.19* GWh||0||up to 2,019* GWh||0||251 GWh||0|
|Injection Capacity (Max)||22.50 MWh/h||0||up to 2.25 GWh||0||37.5 MWh/h||0|
|Withdrawal Capacity (Max)||39.375 MWh/h||0||up to 3.9375 GWh||0||337.5 MWh/h||0|
* The Working Gas Volume includes firm and interruptible capacity and refers to Storage Year 2019/2020 and is subject to yearly revision due to reduction of the space of caverns following the salt creep effect. Consult the page Product and the section TARIFF AND CAPACITY UPDATE to verify the capacity offered for each SY
Please find below the storage services and capacity products currently available on the secondary market, according to the provisions of § 10 of GTCSS "Secondary Market, Transfer of Rights and Obligations"
No offer at the moment
OVERVIEW OF THE MAIN RELEVANT REGULATION:
- EU Regulation 2022/2576 enhancing solidarity through better coordination of gas purchases, reliable price benchmarks and exchanges of gas across borders articles 12-13.
- Regent 2021 - Decision under file no. BK9-19/610 " Beschluss hinsichtlich der regelmäßigen Entscheidung zur Referenzpreismethode sowie der weiteren in Art 26 der Abs.1 der Verordnung 2017/460 genannten Punkten für alle im Ein- und Ausspeisesystem NetConnect Germany/Gaspool Fernleitungsnetzbetreiber
- Amendment to Section 3b articles 35a - h of the German Energy Act (Energiewirtschaftsgesetz) - following amendment Decree of Ministry of Economics and Climate Safety dated 28.07.2022 amending minimum filling level requirements.
- Directive 2009/73/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council concerning common rules for the internal market in natural gas and repealing Directive 2003/55/EC - 13 July 2009
- Regulation (EC) No 715/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council on conditions for access to the natural gas transmission networks and repealing Regulations (EC) No 1775/2005 - 13 July 2009
- Section 28 of the German Energy Act (Energiewirtschaftsgesetz) - 7. Juli 2005 as applicable and modified by the Act for the Changes to the EnWG of July 28, 2011.
- Guidelines for Good TPA Practice for Storage System Operators (GGPSSO) of 2 March 2005 as published in July 2011